There will be a queue for this BBQ chicken salad! This mouthwatering BBQ chicken salad is the perfect spring dish with how easy it is to make, perfectly grilled BBQ chicken, and fresh ingredients. This is a Midwest influenced chicken salad with its fresh corn, black beans, avocado, red onion. Blue Cheese, BBQ sauce, and buttermilk rank give an unforgettable salad dressing in every bite. This is such a hearty salad it’s perfect for lunch, or dinner but won’t be too heavy to enjoy the warm weather. You can easily customize this BBQ chicken salad to your liking, adding or removing ingredients to suit your taste!
BBQ Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Chicken breasts – Chicken breasts grilled to the perfection with Dan-O’s Original for a herb crust and delicious barbecue sauce. Tender, and packed with that Yum Yum Get Ya Sum!
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning – Dan-O’s Original is going to give your chicken, and salad, a hearty dose of flavor.
- Barbecue Sauce – Pick your favorite to give your chicken a blast of savory flavor!
- Romaine Lettuce – Crisp leaves that stand up to the dressing, and toppings while being packed full of minerals!
- Tomatoes – Fresh, and provide a burst of flavor. If you don’t feel like chopping a tomato, try cherry tomatoes!
- Black beans – Yummy and packed with fiber & potassium!
- Red Onion – Assertive, and spicy with tons of antioxidants!
- Avocado – Creamy to boot, and super food!
- Boiled egg – Additionally protein!
- Blue cheese crumbles – Bright, and a bit earthy for a well rounded salad
- Buttermilk Ranch – Cool, Creamy and delicious!
Recommended Tools for Making BBQ Chicken Salad
- Grill brush – The perfect tool for brushing the chicken with barbecue sauce
- Tongs – A nice pair of tongs for flipping chicken, and tossing the salad
- Cutting board – Gonna need something to cut on! Save your countertops!
Frequently Asked Questions about BBQ Chicken Salad
What can I do with leftover BBQ chicken salad?
You can easily throw the leftovers in a tortilla to make a delectable wrap! Easy, fast, and portable.
Is BBQ chicken Salad healthy?
The ingredients can be nutritious, and packed with benefits but the BBQ sauce, and ranch do tend to shift the needle over to middle of the road.
How do I store BBQ chicken salad?
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. Does not freeze.