Crispy Salmon Chicharrones
Hola Dan fans, we’ve got a great recipe for you today with salmon belly chicarrones! Inspired by Peruivian and Bolivia’s take on chicharrones which can use fish instead of the traditional pork belly. It’s the perfect recipe for a quick snack, or an fun appetizer for a Summer get together. You’ll only need 4 ingredients, and 2 of them you can easily substitute. You can easily swap Dan-O’s Spicy for your favorite Dan-O’s, and you can use really an neutral oil instead of avocado. With that in mind, salmon belly chicarrones is a quick and easy to adjust recipe. A little pro tip for your salmon belly chicahrrones is to dip them in something like ketchup mixed with Dan-O’s Spicy or Chipotle. Now that’s that Yum Yum Get Ya Sum!
- Slice salmon belly into two sections.
- Lay skin side up and apply a small amount of avocado oil, pinch of salt, and Spicy Dan-O’s.
- Flip over and sprinkle with Dan-O’s Spicy.
- Heat avocado oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook meat side for 1 minute and flip.
- Add more avocado oil and cook skin side down for 4 minutes
- Remove from skillet, plate with a squeeze of lemon.