Next level, extra sloppy Joe’s! These Wagyu Beef Sloppy Josephs are packed with veggies, beef, and Dan-Good, bold flavors. These also only take about 30 minutes to make, and are perfect for kids!
We used American Wagyu beef for this recipe, as that is what is available to us. It’s made from American cattle that are bred with wagyu cattle. No, it’s not the stuff from Japan, but it’s definitely a step up from your standard 80/20. If this type of beef is not accessible to you, don’t worry, any ground beef will do!
Veggies are a critical part of sloppy Joe’s. The jalapenos add a nice kick, especially if you leave the seeds in, so I would not skip that part. The sauce is the next most important part. Using a sweet BBQ sauce covers your brown sugar or molasses, plus you have some tomato, mustard, and woo sauce. Those ingredients, plus Dan-O’s are super bold, tangy, and sweet!
Serve your Wagyu Beef Sloppy Josephs with chips on a toasted bun. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs beef (wagyu or similar)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- ⅓ cup sweet BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Choice of buns
- Dice up your onion and peppers and mince your garlic. Set to the side.
- In a skillet on medium heat, season your beef well with spicy Dan-O’s and brown it. Move beef over to the side and add in your veggies. Cook veggies for 5 or 6 minutes, until softened.
- Turn the heat down in the pan and add in your tomato paste, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, and yellow mustard. Stir everything together, and allow to simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes, adding a few splashes of water. Dan-O’s to taste.
- Once cooled, build your sloppy josephs. Enjoy!