A new riff on the classic Philly Cheesesteak
Philly is the city of Brotherly Love, and this is Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread is the brother to the original that we love to make! This flatbread is a great meal, or appetizer depending on your needs, Our secret that brings it all together is the Dan-1 Sauce. This one of Dan’s signature sauces and is a nice savory sauce with a little touch of heat to tie it all together. You’ll start by having it with this Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread but then you’ll be having it time and time again.
Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread: A twist on two Philly classics’
Everyone knows what a Philly Cheesesteak is but do you know what a Philly taco is? It’s a Philly Cheesesteak rolled up in a slice of pizza. This Philly Cheesesteak flatbread is a slightly healthier riff of this late night classic. You get that Dantastic philly cheesesteak taste with a pizza flair without so many carbs and calories.. You can make this in about 20 minutes or less too, perfect for those late night munchies or quick dinners.
Potential RIffs on Philly Cheesesteak Flatbreads
If you’re looking to spice up your Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread then here’s a few ideas. You could swap the shredded beef for Chicken, or you could experiment with different cheeses. Cheese wiz is a traditional choice but you could also get frisky some with some pepper jack or maybe muenster. Instead of Dan-O’s Original, you could try Dan-O’s Chipotle for a little smoky heat or Dan-O’s Spicy for a touch more. Ditch the horseradish as a base, and just use more Dan-1 Sauce. At the end of the day, you can really play around and make your own Dan-o-myte flatbread!
- 14 oz pack shredded beef
- 1 small green bell pepper (Sliced into strips)
- 1/2 large jalapeno (diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepared Horseradish
- Olive Oil
- Dan-O’s Original
- 2 Artisan flatbreads
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 ½ tbsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl, seasoning with Dan-O’s Spicy to taste
- Set aside.
Beef and Veggies
- Prepare the toppings by slicing the green pepper into strips, and dicing the small onion and jalapeno
- Add olive oil to a preheated griddle or pan
- Then add shredded beef, onion and both peppers.
- Season with Dan-O’s Original and cook until brown.
- Layout the flatbread and in this order, apply: Horseradish as a base
- Add Dan-1 sauce and then the Beef, onion and peppers
- Top with Mozzarella cheese, and place in a 425 F oven for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and drizzle with more Dan-1 sauce and grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice and enjoy!