Creamy Lemon Crab Pasta
If you’re not sure what to make for dinner tonight, don’t be crabby about it. Try this creamy Lemon Crab Pasta! This is a bright and fun dish that’s perfect for a weeknight-flavored getaway. The earthy, savory miso pairs nicely with the crab, with garlic packing a punch, and lemon to keep it light and bright.
Don’t be crabby with the meat
You can always purchase just crab meat for a slightly premium price, but if you want to save a few dollars and have some fun, it’s cheaper to get your own crab and pull the meat yourself! Grab yourself a quality crab, we like Dungeness or Blue Crab, and cook with your preferred method. Once cooked, start with the legs and claws by gently pulling the lower part of the claw off. More often than not, this will pull the inner claw meat with it with some cartilage. Simply pinch the meat at the base of the claw, and pull the cartilage off.
For the legs, take them and break the joints backwards. Much like the claws, some cartilage will be attached but you can easily pull it away. Go back to the hard shelled claws and knuckles with a nutcracker, gently applying pressure to crack them. Pull away the shell and simply extract the meat. Congratulations, you now have a plethora of fresh crab meat to do whatever you want with
Crab Rave Reviews
This Lemon Crab Pasta is a massive hit at our home, and it’s easy to see why. This is a quick and easy recipe packed full of bright, warm flavors that are perfect for a warm spring/summer night. Just remember to not to be too shellfish and make sure to share!
Looking for other tasty pasta recipes to try? Try our homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe.
@dangoodrecipes Lemon crab pasta that will make your mouth water 🤤 #danosseasoning #pasta #seafood ♬ original sound - Dan Good Recipes
- 10 ounces of linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 2 lemons, zested
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Start by heating some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in 1 thinly sliced shallot and cook for 4 minutes. Then add in 4 minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Next add in ½ cup of white cooking wine, the zest of 2 lemons, ¼ cup of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of miso, ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes and some Dan-O’s Original. Stir all that up and continue to cook for about 2 minutes until reduced by half.
- Next, add in 10 ounces of cooked linguine, 6 ounces of lump crab meat and ½ cup of the linguine noodle water. Stir constantly until noodles are coated and the crab is warm.
- Remove from heat, add in ⅓ cup of chopped parsley and mix.
- When you serve, sprinkle with Dan-O’s Spicy and more parsley.