Homemade alfredo sauce for the win! It’s super easy to make and always tastes 100 times better than the stuff in the jar. This homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe is perfect for a hearty lunch or a special dinner. You’ll have creamy, cheesy, chickeny deliciousness in less than 30 minutes and homemade is always sure to impress!
So first, let’s talk about cheese. For this recipe, you want to get shredded parmesan romano (the long boys) and preferably some that is fresh. If you use the stuff out of a bag at the grocery, it can have anti-caking agents that make it harder to melt. I however, use about a cup of grated parmesan because I love the texture as I’m eating.
For the noodles, I like mine just slightly above al dente. I think a little bit of chewyness never hearts and you definitely don’t want overcooked, mushy noodles. I like to pan grill my chicken, because I will make the homemade alfredo sauce in the same pan to keep some of the chickeny flavors.
Serve homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo with a salad and slice of garlic bread! Enjoy
- Bag (or box) of fettuccine noodles,
- 1 lb chicken breasts,
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream,
- ¾ stick of butter,
- 3 cloves garlic (minced),
- 3 tbs Dan-O’s Seasoning,
- 2 cups grated parmesan romano cheese,
- Fresh Parsley
- Mince your garlic and parsley and set to the side.
- Boil a put of water (size depends on how many you’re cooking for)
- Butterfly cut and half your chicken breasts. Season chicken breasts liberally with Dan-O’s Seasoning and cook in an oil pan on medium heat until cooked through. Remove chicken from heat and set to the side.
- Add your noodles to the boiling water with a pinch of salt and a splash of oil. Mix together as they cook so they don’t stick.
- Scrape your pan and add in some of the butter. Add garlic to pan and cook in butter on medium-low for about 2 minutes. Add in the rest of your butter and then mix in your cream, cheese, and a few tbs of Dan-O’s Seasoning. Add salt, pepper or italian season if desired.
- Whisk sauce until cheese in melted and turn to low to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Remove noodles from heat at desired doneness and strain. Slice your chicken.
- Serve noodles and pour sauce overtop. Place chicken breast slices on top and garnish with parsley.