A tender and juicy whole chicken baked to perfection with a crispy Dan-O’s crust. From Chef Justice Hunter.
Looking for other tasty chicken recipes? Try our original chicken thighs recipe.
- 2 – 2 ½ pound whole chicken
- 10 baby red or yellow potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- low sodium chicken stock
- extra virgin olive oil
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Massage a medium sized whole chicken with extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat entirely with Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning.
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drop in baby potatoes and onion.
- Add ½ cup of low sodium chicken stock to the bottom of your dutch oven.
- Place your chicken right on top, breat side up.
- Heavily drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Place a thermometer probe in the thickest part of the breast (be sure not to hit any bones with the probe).
- Toss into a preheated 500 degree fahrenheit oven for roughly 1 hour until the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 fahrenheit.
- Remove the lid and cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes to create a beautiful golden brown crust.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.