How to Make Dan-O’s Bacon Cabbage Ball
The Controversial Bacon Cabbage Ball
This Bacon Cabbage Ball stirred up some controversy on our TikTok. Some people didn’t agree with taking something healthy like cabbage and mixing it with butter and bacon. However, one thing you cannot deny is the Dan-Good flavor and this is exactly that.
One Key Tip
Our true Dan-O’s fans out there were begging for this full recipe so here it is. It’s really easy to make and the flavor is unlike anything you’ve had before. One of the key things is to sprinkle the bacon in Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning. It adds that extra kick to really enhance the flavor of this meal.
This Recipe Will Surely Surprise You
This bacon cabbage ball recipe is sure to surprise you. There are many people who have tried this recipe who say they don’t like steamed cabbage, but they loved this smoked cabbage. You really have to give it a try!
- 1 head of cabbage
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- 4 tbsp of butter, individually sliced
- 1 lb of bacon
- Core out the head of cabbage and tear off a couple of the outer leaves. Add Dan-O’s and butter. Wad up a couple of pieces of bacon and stack those on top. Then, sprinkle with some more Dan-O’s.
- Now wrap the entire head of cabbage in bacon and sprinkle even more Dan-O’s on top. Place the extra leaves on top of that to stop the bacon from burning.
- Place it in the smoker for 2.5 hours at 250 degrees.
- Take it out and remove all of the bacon. Take the most crispy cooked pieces of bacon and put them in the cabbage. Then wrap the cabbage in bacon again (make sure to flip the bacon so the other side gets cooked).
- Put it back in the smoker for another 30 minutes and you’re done.