Get your bagels toasted, and get ready to schmear this mouthwatering homemade strawberry and jalapeno cream cheese! This is a fun recipe to try, you get a big old batch of fresh, tangy cream cheese schmear that you can flavor anyway you want. Perfect for making fruit flavored or more savory cream cheeses that are perfect for bagels, cheesecakes, or party dips! We recommend whipping up some plain, or with garlic and dill, for our mouthwatering Gravlax (Swedish Cured Salmon).
Helpful tips and tricks for homemade cream cheese schmear
- The longer the yogurt strains, the thicker it will become!
- The liquid whey that you get from the draining process can be used as a substitute for buttermilk, milk, or water can be used in bread, muffin, or cake recipes.
- It keeps for about a week or so in an airtight container.
- You could also use the cream cheese as a sour cream substitute.
- Experiment with different fruits like blueberry and honey, or savory flavors like garlic and salmon!