Pulled Pork Tacos
We’re not pulling your leg when we say these pulled pork tacos are the latest Dantastic addition to your dinner table. This is a super easy recipe, don’t be intimidated by the cook time because most of its hands are off. Besides the sauce, you’re pretty much just throwing your pork butt into an instapot and walking away! These pulled pork tacos are mouthwateringly juicy with rich citrusy flavor and a nice amount of heat from the chilis. We’d recommend serving our quick and easy elotes and some of our fire roasted salsa on the side.
- 4lb pork butt (any size will work)
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 2 mangos, chopped
- 2 habaneros, seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 12oz Mandarin Jarritos
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 limes, juiced
- 6 pasilla peppers
- 2 tbsp of Dan-O’s Chipotle
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- 7oz Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pickled red onion
- Rehydrate 6 pasilla peppers in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes, remove and set to the side.
- In a blender add: Habanero and jalapeno peppers, green onions, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, pineapple, mango, pasilla peppers,, chipotle in adobo sauce, and Dan-O’s Chipotle. Puree until smooth.
- Cube pork into 1”-2” squares
- Add pork and sauce to the InstantPot and mix together
- Cook for 1 ½ hours on High
- Separate the pork from the sauce and add to a bowl
- Strain the sauce and add to another bowl
- Dip corn tortillas into the strained sauce and add to a hot griddle
- Add pork to the griddle and ladle with sauce
- Top tortillas with pork, mozzarella cheese, pickled red onions, pineapple, mango, and cilantro.