Best use of leftover prime rib burrito
This prime rib burrito is in the prime of its life despite being made from leftovers. Fresh spicy salsa mixed with juicy cubed prime rib and fresh veggies make one Dan-O-Myte burrito! We used leftover prime rib to make this guy, but you could substitute a nice juicy steak instead or even cubed chicken if you’re avoiding red meats. If you want a smokier tex mex flavor, try Dan-O’s Chipotle instead of spicy.
The best part about burritos is that you can easily customize it to suit your needs, here are some recommendations to make the most out of your burrito. You can spruce your black beans by making them cuban style, or swap it out for refried beans. Try adding some guacamole, sour cream, or even queso! We promise it’s cheaper than a scoop at Chipotle. Add some habernos, ghost peppers to the salsa to increase the heat if you want a spicy treat. No matter what you end up adding to this prime rib burrito, you’re going to enjoy this Dan-tastic meal.
- 2 cups leftover prime rib, cubed
- 1 can black beans (or black eyed peas)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of white rice, cooked
- 1 tortilla
- Cilantro, to taste
Make the hot salsa
- Dry roast onion, tomatoes and jalapeno in a hot cast iron skillet.
- Remove and place in a blender with chipotle peppers, tomatillos, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and both Dan-O’s Spicy and Original seasoning. Blend until smooth.
- Slice green peppers and saute over medium heat with salt and pepper and water until soft. Set to the side.
- Heat another skillet and add olive oil, cubed prime rib, and Dan-O’s Spicy
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until hot (remember it’s leftover prime rib)
- Heat a large tortilla and add rice, black eyed peas, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and prime rib
- Top burrito ingredients with hot salsa and roll up.
- Crisp outside of tortilla in hot skillet
- Serve immediately, enjoy!