How to Make Dan-O’s Prime Rib
This prime rib is extremely juicy and flavorful. It combines Dan-O’s Original Seasoning with garlic, olive oil, onion, and sea salt. This makes for an extremely tasty and tender prime rib.
This Prime Rib is Best Cooked Medium Rare
We know that some people may be tempted to cook this prime until it reaches medium-well, but we really recommend only cooking it until it is medium-rare. This allows it to retain all of its juices and keep the meat nice and tender. If you attempted to cook it for too long you will lose out on some of the flavors.
Be Careful With the Sea Salt
One thing to be careful with is the sea salt. Make sure to not over salt it because you can easily ruin it if you do. Dan-O’s already has a small amount of sea salt in it so make sure you don’t go overboard. Follow these steps below and watch our video and you are sure to enjoy this delicious prime rib.
- 5 lb Prime Rib
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head of garlic
- Remove prime rib from the refrigerator one hour before cooking. Cover it with plastic wrap loosely as it comes to room temperature.
- When ready to cook lower the oven rack so the meat will cook in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- In a food processor mix Dan-O’s, olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and yellow onion. Mix until it turns into a paste.
- Pat the roast dry with paper towels. Spoon Dan-O’s mixture all over, rubbing it into all sides. Place boneless roast on a rack inside the pan.
- Bake prime rib at 500 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven to 325 degrees and continue to bake until the desired doneness.
– Rare – cook until thermometer reaches 120 degrees (about 10-12 min/pound)
– Medium rare – should reach 130 degrees (about 13-14 min/pound)
– Medium – should reach 140 degrees (about 14-15 min/pound)
– Medium well- reaches-150 degrees
- Reminder meat will continue to cook once removed from the oven so remove from the oven 5-10 degrees before your optimal temperature.
- Tent with Foil after removed from the oven. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes before carving.
- Carve by slicing against the grain at about 1/2 inch thickness.