Mouthwatering Make-ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos
It’s time to save time and money on Breakfast without sacrificing flavor with these Make-ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos! These are packed to the brim with everything you could want in a breakfast. We’ve got potatoes, sausage, eggs, cheese, and fresh homemade salsa all coming together to give you the best Dan breakfast burrito ever.
High Stepping and Meal Prepping
Meal prepping is all the rage these days, and for good reason. It’s a great way to save time, and money, and have delicious balanced, and portion-controlled meals when you have a busy day. The big appeal of these Make-a-head breakfast burritos is that for about an hour’s worth of cooking, you’ve got breakfast for a week or two and you know you’re getting fresh high-quality food unlike a lot of pre-packaged frozen breakfast burritos.
I know we all think scrambling eggs is easy, but truth be told, it can be difficult to get right and that’s especially true when you’re making bulk scrambled eggs. The most important part of scrambled eggs is to incorporate enough air into them to make them fluffy. A common misconception is that scrambled eggs need milk, but in reality, it just makes the eggs take longer to cook and can add a slimy undesirable texture. Just remember if you want light fluffy scrambled eggs in your make-ahead freezer breakfast burritos then you’re going to need to whip the devil out of your eggs!
- 6 tomatillos
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Dan-O’s Original
- 1 cup cilantro
- 12” flour tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 1 small bag or 32 oz tater tots
- 16oz country sausage
- ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices American cheese
- Dan-O’s Spicy
Steps for salsa:
- Dry roast tomatillos, jalapenos, Roma tomatoes, and onion. When soft, add to a blender
- Then add lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, Dan-O’s Original, and cilantro
- Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl
Steps for burritos:
- Place tater tots on a baking sheet and prepare per instructions on the bag
- In a large bowl crack 12 eggs, Dan-O’s Original, and whip the devil out of them until well incorporated and airy
- Then scramble in a large skillet
- In another skillet brown the sausage
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sausage, tater tots, cheddar cheese, and 1 cup of salsa
- In a tortilla, place two slices of American cheese and add egg/sausage/salsa.tater tot mixture
- Roll into a burrito and wrap in parchment paper
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- When you’re ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for two minutes or until hot in the middle.