Give ‘em your heart this Valentine’s day with this heart-shaped ribeye! This steak dinner is a classy way to show ‘em how you feel without too much work on your end. Steaks, contrary to popular belief, are fairly easy to cook and this one has minimal prep making it ideal for a quick romantic dinner. You won’t even have to do that much fancy knife work outside of butterflying the ribeye!
Now two of the ingredients here may seem a bit odd at first glance. Why on earth would you put mustard and soy sauce on a steak? Well it’s quite simple really, both of these tenderizes the meat! Mustard also helps develop a crust on the surface of the steak, while soy sauce helps impart a deeper umami taste to it. These go a long way in making one Dan-good steak!
- To form the heart-shape, carefully butterfly the ribeye.
- Apply soy sauce, mustard, Dan-O’s, and garlic to one side and poke with a fork to get the flavors inside the steak. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Let the steak sit for about 20 minutes until room temperature
- Cook on a hot grill about 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Your cooking times may vary depending on preferred doneness.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Happy Valentine’s Day!