Golden Brown Garlic Basil Grilled Chicken Pizza Sliders
Nothing quite beats pizza, but these Fresh Mouth Watering Garlic Basil Grilled Chicken Pizza Sliders come pretty Dan close. Popping that trigger finger generously with some Spicy Dan-O’s to help give that chicken a kick that’s going to play nice with our Italian marina and sweet Hawaiian rolls to make a melody of flavors. Now that’s a song we can get behind.
A song to sing, indeed.
This is a bright and flavor filled dish. With the chicken bringing a small fiery kick that’s not going to overwhelm, that’s then going to be balanced out with the sweetness of the cheese blend and the thick, rich chunky marinara sauce. The buttery garlic is going to help brown the tops of the rolls, giving them a slightly browned and flaky crust that will just melt in your mouth.
Something you can do to really give this dish a new set of clothes is make the chicken like Chicken Parmesan. Instead of coating the chicken is Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning, mix it with Panko Bread crumbs or Italian Bread Crumbs, then coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture. Pan fry or bake the chicken till done and then proceed with the recipe as normal. You can also play with the cheeses here, opting for sliced mozzarella, provolone or even a spread of ricotta. No matter how you fix these up,this is a fun dish that’s sure to delight
- Cooking Spray
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 cup shredded italian cheese blend
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- Preheat an oven to 350 Degrees
- Season 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs with Spicy Dan-O’s. Then cook and slice into strips.
- Next, line a baking sheet with foil and then grease.
- Slice a pack of 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls in half, then place the bottom half on the baking sheet. Add a layer of shredded italian cheese, marinara sauce, pepperonis, more cheese, more marinara, and then add your chicken and top. Then the other half of the buns.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While those cook, melt 2 tablespoons of butter then add in 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 fresh chopped basil leaves and some Dan-O’s original.
- Remove the sliders from the oven, uncover, and brush the tops with your basil garlic butter. Then sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from the oven, slice into individual sliders and serve with more garlic basil butter.