I was thinking this year, what could possibly make broccoli cheese casserole any better. The answers were bacon and Dan-O’s Seasoning, of course! Making a broccoli cheese casserole is usually a safe bet in any family, as it is a holiday favorite and universally loved. What people didn’t know is that there is a game-changing seasoning out there that makes even this dish taste better than you ever thought possible.
So, I usually don’t make the broccoli cheese casserole when it comes to the holidays. I’m usually cooking the turkey and don’t focus on the sides too much. But since it was my turn to make the recipes, I got rid of the cream of mushroom (eww), added onions, and added bacon! Like why would you use cream of mushroom when there’s such a thing as cream of broccoli lol. This is a broccoli dish…
Another thing, I found you could mix mayo and sour cream together and it tastes way better taste than just mayo. And Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning brought the whole thing together with real sea salt, citrus, and herbs and spices! That’s something the family never would have thought of… though they will be thinking of it next time. Also, sharp cheddar cheese was the way to go here. Maybe I’ll use fancy cheese next time, but the bagged stuff worked.
Serve this Dan Good bacon broccoli cheese casserole with your favorite holiday proteins and sides. Enjoy!
- 3 10 oz bags of frozen broccoli
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lb cooked bacon (chopped)
- ¼ of an onion (diced)
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- (1) 8 oz bag of cheddar cheese
- 1 can of cream of broccoli soup
- ¼ cup of Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs together. Mix in mayo, sour cream, garlic, cream of broccoli, and 1 tbs of Spicy Dan-O’s.
- In a large mixing bowl, add frozen broccoli, onion, cheese (save some for the top layer), bacon, remaining Dan-O’s Seasoning, and cream mixture together.
- Add broccoli cheese and cream mixture to an 11 x 9 baking dish. Spread out evenly and apply a top layer of cheese.
- Bake for 45 mins – 1 hr. Let cool down for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!