A good BLT is a thing of beauty and it’s hard to beat at lunchtime. But when you add some avocado and hit it with that Dan-O’s, that’s when it truly becomes special. Also, you can make your bacon in the microwave (nothing wrong with that!) and have these ready to go in less than 10 minutes, and at a few dollars a sandwich. Hard to beat!
So the key to a good BLT is good bacon. Always go for thick-cut bacon, and spend the extra few bucks on the good, local stuff. I used Kentucky Legend bacon, which is great if you’re local to KY. And of course, season your bacon with spicy Dan-O’s! This takes your bacon to a whole other level.
Other important steps for a good BLT recipe are fresh veggies and good bread. My technique for the bread is simple… some butter in a pan, and then toast the bread for about 30 seconds per side. Also, I’d say the avocado is optional, but it definitely is and adds a nice texture to the sandwich with another fresh and fatty component.
Serve Dan-Good Avocado BLT’s with chips. Enjoy!
- 4 strips of bacon per sandwich
- 2 pieces of bread per sandwich
- Lettuce (green leaf or romaine)
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Cut your bacon in half and season both sides with Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Cook via your preferred method (stovetop, oven, microwave). Remove bacon from grease and add to a paper towel. Set to the side.
- Slice your tomato and avocado. Heat up a pan to medium. Add a tbsp of butter to the pan and toast your bread for 30 seconds on each side until desired toastiness. Remove bread from pan.
- Build sandwich with bottom bread, mayo (sprinkled with Dan-O’s), avocado (keep sprinkling), bacon, lettuce, and a Dan-O’s Seasoning tomato.