Dan-O’s Spicy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
This Low Carb Spicy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake is the perfect comfort food that you won’t feel guilty about going for another serving! This is a quick and easy cauliflower bake that’s got such amazing flavor, people will think you’re a classically trained French cook! Cauliflower au gratin would be another name for this Cheesy dish!
“Cheers love, the Cauliflower is here!”
This Spicy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake is a riff on the British classic “Cauliflower cheese”. It’s a pretty versatile dish, fit for lunch or dinner, or just as a companion piece to the main dish. The first Cauliflower Cheese first appeared in print in 1861 in the household guide Mrs Beeton’s Book of Household Management. Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the dish would often be served with roast meat and potatoes that were traditional to Sunday lunches at the time. The dish has stayed popular throughout the years, now days you can find it readily available as a vegetarian meal, and also baby food.
Is Spicy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake healthy?
It certainly can be! The main attraction to this dish is how low carb it is while packing in all those rich comforting flavors we know and love. It’s also loaded with fiber, making it great for those on a diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to bake cauliflower?
This particular recipe takes about 45 minutes at 450 or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
How do you store the leftovers?
Just make sure to store it in a tightly sealed container and place it in the fridge, where it’ll keep for 4-5 days. We don’t think that this particular recipe freezes super well, as reheating can make it soggy and watery but if you want to do it anyway, it’ll keep for 3 months or so.
What to serve with Spicy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake?
It’s great as the main dish but you could also serve it as a side to many other meals. Serve it with our Spicy Sweet and Sour Tenderloin or even our Smoked Corned Beef. Of course, you can’t go wrong with the Dan-O’s Original Chicken Thighs Recipe. You can always find inspiration in our recipes section!
- 3 cups bite-size cauliflower chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (good quality)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tablespoon chili in oil
- Dan-O’s Original
- Dan-O’s Spicy
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups of bite-size cauliflower chunks, 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, 3 thinly sliced scallions, 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, 1 ½ tablespoon of melted butter, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a hefty portion of Dan-O’s Original! Toss everything until coated
- Transfer that to a baking dish lined with parchment and bake at 450 for about 45 minutes, until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- While that cooks, let’s make the cheese sauce. In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of freshly grated cheddar, 4 ounces of cream cheese, ½ cup of milk, ½ tablespoon of chili in oil, and some Dan-O’s Spicy. Stir so that it’s all melted and combined.
- When the veggie bake is done, top with the cheese sauce and enjoy!