Skip the drive thru and make your own blackened chicken sandwich!
You’ll love this chicken from Dan-O’s as our man Dan makes his own Dan-O-Myte blackened chicken sandwich! This is a fun twist on Dan’s signature spicy crispy chicken sandwich with the main difference being that this one is unbreaded, and isn’t brined before cooking. Blackened chicken is very similar to Dan-O’s original chicken, the recipe that started Dan-O’s in the first place. It’s no wonder that this dynamic chicken is full of flavor and smoky bits to make the ultimate chicken sandwich!
This blackened chicken sandwich packs a little heat with the chicken being cooked with Dan-O’s spicy, the homemade pickled jalapenos, and the chipotle sriracha sauce to complete the experience. Don’t let that deter you from trying this though! You can always reduce the heat by subbing the jalapenos for pickles, using less or no sriracha, and even swapping Dan-O’s Spicy for Dan-O’s original. You’ll still get a mouth watering blackened chicken sandwich out of it. If you’re not a fan of swiss cheese then you could also try using mozzarella, fontina, or even gouda for a Dan-good sandwich.
- Flatten both sides of chicken breasts with plastic wrap and a rolling pin
- Coat one side with Dan-O’s Spicy
- Pour grapeseed oil in a hot skillet and add your chicken breasts (seasoned side down)
- Coat other side with Dan-O’s Spicy
- Cook 2-3 minutes flipping continuously so not to burn
- When chicken reaches 165 F internal temperature turn off the heat and place pickled jalapenos on top then cover with Swiss cheese.
- Spread your sauce over the buns, add some pickles, and top with chicken