Your family will think you’re a gourmet chef when you whip up these crunchy spinach stuffed chicken breasts. Chicken breasts that are butterflied and tenderized to perfection before being stuffed with a cheesy spinach mixture before being rolled up and baked to perfection. This is a hearty dish that’s bound to fill any stomach, and is a great way to get picky eaters to get their leafy greens. Dan-O’s Crunchy adds a nice texture overall and flavor to the dish.
The ingredients for crunchy spinach stuffed chicken
- Chicken breast – The blank canvas of cooking. Packed full of protein, and offers up the flexibility to prepare a thousand different ways.
- Spinach – More than Popeye’s secret weapon. Rich in fiber, vitamins, calcium, iron, and of course, flavor.
- Cream cheese – The classic you know and love. A mild sweetness with a pleasant tang that has so many uses.
- Dan-O’s Original – That Yum Yum Get Ya Sum!
- Dan-O’s Crunchy – A crunchy twist on Dan-O’s. A melody of poppy & sesame seeds with flaky onion & garlic to give you a seasoning made for every occasion.
Potential substitutes and additions for crunchy spinach stuffed chicken
- Swap the cream cheese for a more tangy feta cheese. Feta cheese has less calories, carbs, and fat than cream cheese plus more vitamins and minerals.
- You could add some walnuts to the filling for a crunchier, gourmet taste. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants, omega-3s, and help promotes an healthy gut.
- Braise the breasts with some butter for a rich skin.
- Use a little lemon to add a little acidity and brighten the dish up.
- If your rolled up spinach stuffed chicken is having a hard time staying together, don’t be afraid to tie it up with some butcher twine.