Crisp and Refreshing Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salad
A Southern Soul provided us with this Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salad. This salad is loaded with fresh vegetables in a bright, crisp and spicy herb dressing and a generous portion of creamy feta cheese. It had our mouths watering, and we promise you yours will be too by the end of this recipe.The weather is heating up in Kentucky, and we need something that’s a breeze to make while being a refreshing treat. Thankfully Donya from
What makes this salad so good?
Donya says some of the reasons that this salad is so good is due to how you can make it in less than 15 minutes, how all these vegetables are available year-round, and the homemade dressing with Dan-O’s Original and Spicy seasoning is full of incredible flavor and gives the right amount of heat.
Donya’s tips and tricks
Now Donya has a few tips and tricks for you on this salad. If you can’t find any balsamic vinegar, you can substitute red wine or apple cider vinegar instead. You could leave out the red onion if you don’t enjoy them but she recommends swapping it for a Vidalia onion instead of omitting the onion all together. Vidalia offers a milder flavor if that’s your preference. Don’t be deterred if you can’t find grape tomatoes, any tomatoes will do as long as you cut them down to bite size. And finally, Donya recommends making this salad ahead of time so all the ingredients can marinate together and create a melody of flavors that can’t be beat.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Set aside
- In a mason jar with a lid or small bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, Dan-O’s seasonings, salt, and pepper. Blend together until smooth. Pour 1/2 of the dressing over the vegetables and toss.
- Add crumbled Feta Cheese and parsley, drizzle on more dressing if needed, then toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.