Some Dan-Good fried cheese curds! These things are so good, cheesy, flavor-packed, and really easy to make! My buddy has been working in Green Bay, WI, and has been bringing cheese back every time. I heard someone talking about spicy Dan-O’s cheese curds recently, and thought I would give them a try.
This fried cheese curds recipe uses a simple wet batter with beer, flour, buttermilk, eggs, and Dan-O’s. You want your cheese curds frozen so they don’t melt as fast while frying. I try to use the largest ones out of the bag, but you will probably have some small ones too. Fry them in oil at 325 degrees in a large pot, so you don’t make as much mess. It’s as simple as that!
Spicy Dan-O’s Beer Battered Fried Cheese Curds with a side of marinara. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 4 oz beer
- 1/2 lb cheese curds
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Marinara sauce
- Oil for frying
- Freeze your cheese curds. Add oil to a large stainless steel pot and set to the side.
- Mix your eggs, buttermilk, beer, flour and Dan-O’s into a mixing bowl to make your batter. Let this batter rest for roughly 10 minutes.
- Start heating your oil to roughly 325 degrees. Toss your cheese curds in spicy Dan-O’s, then drop into batter, coating all sides in batches. Drop battered cheese curds into the oil, cooking for 2-3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Carefully remove cooked cheese curds with a strainer, and add to a paper towel lined plate. Continue cooking in batches until all are cooked.
- Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!