Crispy Smashed Griddle Potatoes
Griddle me this, Batman! What’s a tasty, smashed treat that can’t be beat? Dan’s Smashed Griddle Potatoes! These fluffy potatoes are so easy, and they’re really fun to make. Who doesn’t love smashing food down hard? These are kind of like a loaded baked potato pancake, oh so delicious and you’ll always want more than one. The best part of Smashed Griddle Potatoes is how you can customize the toppings and fillings to your own desires.
Talkin about toppins
As you may know, baked potatoes are an endlessly customizable and personalized experience. You can always go with the classics of butter and sour cream with a little bacon and chives, but there’s room for experimentation. You could add broccoli to these with all that good cheese, or perhaps you’ll top them off with a little chili and sour cream. You could always try some Mexican cheeses, salsa, and sour cream! The point is that these Smashed Griddle potatoes are yours to own, and make the way you deem best. Get out there, and find the right toppings for you.
- 12 – 16 small red potatoes (1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter; 1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 cup fresh blue cheese (crumbled)
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of Sour Cream
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt
- to the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender; drain potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, Spicy Dan-O’s, and blue cheese crumbles and stir together.
- Preheat the Blackstone to high heat and transfer a heavy spatula, lightly press down on each potato to smash to about 1/2-inch thickness, keeping each potato in one piece.
- Using half of the olive oil, brush on the potatoes then sprinkle on some Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes more or until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp. In a bowl combine cheese and parsley. Sprinkle on potatoes. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with blue cheese mixture and chives
- Serve immediately.