Perfect Pull Apart Pizza Nachos
There’s no harder choice than trying to decide whether to eat nachos or pizza, that’s why these Pizza Nachos are so great! You’re getting the best of both worlds here with the easy finger food of nachos with the great taste of pizza in every bite. These nachos can fit a variety of roles, from a whole meal to a nice party appetizer.
*Homer Simpson Voice* Dough!
When you’re making these nachos, you can use store bought dough or crust for a quick and easy fix but making your own pizza dough is super easy to do too! Some benefits of making your own dough is that it’s relatively cost effective, actually making the dough is a communal experience the whole family can enjoy, and you can control the seasoning of the dough itself.
You can stuff herbs, garlic, and even tomatoes in the dough to give it a fresh twist and give these nachos an elevated profile. Give your dough a little herbal treatment by stuffing it full of fresh rosemary, basil, or your other favorite herb. You can stuff fresh vegetables like tomatoes in there or even put a little cheese in the dough. These simple flourishes can really bring these nachos up a level, but even without them you’re sure to love these simple pizza nachos.
@dangoodrecipes Never choose between pizza or nachos ever again! #danosseasoning #pizza #easyrecipe ♬ original sound - Dan Good Recipes
- All purpose flour
- 14 oz pizza dough
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pepperoni slices
- 1 lb mild italian sausage, cooked
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Parchment paper
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Lightly flour a clean surface, then roll out 4oz of pizza dough. Cut it into strips, then cut into triangles. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- In a bowl add ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of oregano, ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper and some Dan-O’s Original, then mix.
- Brush the oil over the dough triangles then bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Layer half of the chips in a cast iron skillet, then add a layer of marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, cooked italian sausage and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add the remaining half of the chips and repeat a second layer of the other ingredients. Then sprinkle with Dan-O’s Original and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Top with grated parmesan and some fresh torn basil leaves.