Flavor Packed Pizza Bombs
You’ll be saying bombs away when you’re making these phyllo pizza bombs! These are the perfect party food or quick dinner. Flaky crusted balls loaded with cheesy meaty goodness that’ll have you reach for another time after time. You can throw these together in about 30 minutes, which makes them great for a quick dinner or appetizer. From children to adults, these pizza bombs are bound to be an explosive hit!
Pizza bombs your way!
The great part about these pizza bombs is that you can customize them to your liking. Dan kept it simplew ith classic pepperoni but you can add justa bout anything to these. Make them a meat lovers delight with sausage, bacon, and pepperoni or make it a supreme with olives, bellpeper, mushrooms, and more. If its a pizza, you can make them into a pizza bomb. Personally, I love a good cheesy pizza bomb with ricotta, mozzarella, gouda, and munster. Get creative, and experiment to make your own favorite pizza bomb!
- 20 phyllo pastry sheets (fillo dough), thawed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 oz sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- flaky sea salt
- Dan-O’s Original
- pizza sauce, for serving/dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a clean work surface. Fold it in half widthwise then brush butter all over it.
- On the short end of the pastry sheet, place 5-6 slices of pepperoni then top with a hefty sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and a dash of Dan-O’s Original
- Roll the phyllo sheet up over the filling, tucking in the side edges to seal it (creating a phyllo burrito).
- Place the phyllo roll on the parchment paper lined baking sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients (should yield about 20 rolls).
- Brush top of phyllo rolls with butter then garnish with flaky sea salt and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and flaky. Serve warm with pizza sauce!