Dan-O’s Homestyle Steak & Potatoes
Get ready for a taste of home with these Dan-O’s Homestyle Steak and Potatoes that are sure to delight. This is a ridiculously easy recipe that you can whip in no time at all and is sure to make anyone who tries think you’re a Michelin star chef. The best part about this recipe is that you could make it for dinner, or you could cook some eggs and have a great start to your morning!
Buttering ya up
If you really want to elevate this recipe, whip up a compound butter, and don’t cut the steak into cubes. To make the compound butter, simply take a stick of butter and get it to room temperature, then throw it in a bowl and pour a hearty amount of Dan-O’s Original in there along with some minced garlic. Mix it together, until well combined before transferring it to a sheet of wax paper. With the butter on the wax paper, form it up into a log and then set it back in the fridge for it to firm up. Proceed with the recipe as normal, just using Dan-O’s compound butter in place of regular.
When you cook your whole uncubed steak to your desired doneness, place it on a plate with your potatoes. Take a slice of the compound butter and lay it on top of the still-hot steak and let it melt into it. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Dano’s Seasoning
- 1 ½ pound sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter and melt butter.
- Add cut potatoes, garlic, and Dan-O’s Original to the pan.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes without disturbing. Stir and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until fork tender. Remove potatoes from the pan and set them aside in a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove and increase the heat to high. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir to melt. Add the steak bites in a single layer and cook for 1 minute. Flip or stir the steak for another 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the cooked potatoes back to the skillet and toss them together. Add additional salt and pepper if desired
- Top with fresh chopped parsley (optional). Serve hot