We love tuna steaks! Why? Because they are a healthier alternative to red meat and taste Dan Good. These are perfect with a nice pan sear, and a little aioli. Add some napa cabbage, and the perfect blend of herbs and spices that is Dan-O’s Seasoning, and that’s good eatin! So with our tuna steaks, we are making a ghost pepper aioli tuna steak sandwich.
Our aioli ended up a bit runny. We don’t know what happened, and when you’re on the fly and in the middle of filming it’s hard to redo things 🙁 BUT our sauce was still very good thanks to the Dan-O’s and the fresh garlic and pepper. We’ll do better next time! Promise.
The tuna steaks only take about 2.5 minutes on each side to get a nice sear. The Dan-O’s give them a perfect herb crust. Choose your favorite buns, and get some napa cabbage, and that’s all you need for a delicious sandwich! With big flavors or Dan-O’s and a mild fish flavor.
This recipe would pair well with a nice citrusy salad, any green veggie, or some form of tater. You can even eat these bad boys on their own, because they’re that Dan Good! So enjoy the Dan-O’s Seasoning Ghost Pepper Aioli Tuna Steak Sandwich Recipe.
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 ghost pepper
- Cup and a half of mayonnaise
- Large tuna steaks
- Choice of buns
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Chop bottom off of garlic cloves, place in foil with whole ghost pepper and close. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin, and chop down your ghost pepper. Add to food processor
- Add mayo and a few big squeezes of Dan-O’s Seasoning to food processor. Mix until creamy consistency (don’t overmix)
- Thinly cut nappa cabbage
- Preheat skillet to medium
- Season bun-size tuna steaks with coating of Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Cook for 2 ½ minutes each side
- Create burgers with aioli, tuna steak, cabbage, and then more aioli