Y’all. These guacamole burgers are something else. And you can also think of this recipe as a guacamole hack because the guac only takes a few minutes! I went with a hearty ½ lb Dan-O’s Seasoned burger as my base, and piled on some of the best toppings. I ended up with a juicy, grilled burger with fresh guac, a sweet kick from the jalapeno, melty cheese, smokey hot sauce. In other words, you should make this!
The guac hack is something everyone should have thought of. Get yourself some of the premade pico de gallo from the grocery, an avocado, and a lime! I mix maybe a tbs of my Dan-O’s Seasoning into the guac for extra flavor and good measure. In real life, I had delicious guacamole in about 2 minutes!
The picked jalapenos are really easy to make too. I went a little heavier on the sugar because I wanted a sweet lime jalapeno to compliment my burg. I even went out and grilled my burger in the cold because I missed grill-marks. Did I have a minor grease fire while I was out there? Maybe… but it’s cold y’all I can’t be cleaning my grill too.
This easy guacamole burger recipe will do you right. So many flavors and textures, it’s a thing of beauty! Oh, and extra guac to eat on chips as you cook never hurts.
- ⅓ – ½ 80/20 beef per person
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 large avocado
- Buns of choice
- 3 tbs Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Pepperjack cheese
- Toppings of choice (lettuce, onion, jalapeno)
- Hot sauce
- 1 lime
For the jalapenos
- 3 sliced jalapenos
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of half a lime
- Make your quick-pickled jalapenos. Slice 3 jalapenos and add to a jar. Pour over the juice of half a lime. On medium heat, bring vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a low boil. Stir salt and sugar until dissolved. Pour liquid over jalapenos in the jar and set to the side.
- Make your guac by cutting a large avocado in half. Add 1 tbs Dan-O’s Seasoning and juice of half a lime. Mix to desired consistency (I like some chunks).
- Build your burger patties to ⅓ to ½ lbs each and season each side with 1 tbs Dan-O’s seasoning. Grill or cook to desired internal temperature.
- Build burgers with toppings of choice, a slice of cheese, a scoop of guac, hot sauce, and jalapenos.