Stuffed to the brim with flavor
Everyone will think you’re a fungi when you bring these Dantastic spinach stuffed mushrooms to game day! Tender portabella mushrooms are stuffed to the brim with a cream cheese spinach mixture with melted mozzarella on top to make them really pop with flavor. You won’t be able to have just one after you give these a taste. We used Dan-O’s Original but if you want you could easily substitute your favorite Dan-O’s! Try it with spicy for a subtle kick of heat, or chipotle for a little smoky midwestern flavor. A personal favorite is Dan-O’s Crunchy for a little crunch to the munch with that classic Dan-O’s flavor. Experiment around and find your favorite way to make these spinach stuffed mushrooms.
- 5 Portabella mushrooms
- 8 oz of spinach
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, room temperature
- Dan-O’s Original
- Mozzarella slices
- Rinse and dry your mushrooms to remove dirt.
- Cut off the stems of the mushrooms to make room for filling. Save for later or use or chop up and add back into filling mixture.
- Chop up 8 oz of spinach.
- Mix up chopped spinach with 8oz block of cream cheese.
- Stuff the portabella mushrooms.
- Cover stuffed mushrooms with a slice of mozzarella cheese
- Throw on a smoker at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- You could use an oven also at 350 for about 30 minutes as well.