Sausage Gravy like Grandma used to make
Take your breakfast game to the next level with Dan’s Famous Sausage Gravy. This is a family recipe that’s been passed down in Dan’s family for years, and Dan modified it to really make it his own. The biggest component aside from the Dan-O’s, is using Purnell’s Old Folks Country Breakfast Sausage.
Only Purnell’s Breakfast sausage is made with the only the choicest cuts from the hog. Those choice cuts are then ground and combined with Purnell’s signature blend of sages, salt, pepper, and other Gooo-od spices to create the perfect breakfast sausage. You could use another brand, but if you want it to be Dan-o-Myte then you gotta reach for Purnell’s when you whip up this Sausage Gravy.
Once you’ve whipped up Dan’s Famous Sausage Gravy, the question is what will you serve it with? You can’t go wrong with classic biscuits and gravy but you could also do some real southern cooking and whip up some country fried steaks and eggs for breakfast. Maybe you’ll want to toss this gravy over some hash browns, or an breakfast skillet. No matter what you end up serving with this Sausage gravy, you’re bound to have a dan-good breakfast.
- Heat a cast-iron skiller over medium-high heat
- Brown sausage, about 5-6 minutes or until heated, then drain the grease
- Add flour and slowly pour in whole milk, stirring constantly
- Cook until the mix comes to a boil and thickens, continuing to stir
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, simmer 2 minutes, still stirring constantly
- Season wih salt, pepper, and Dan-O’s
- Serve hot with biscuits, or whatever else you want