We’re gonna let you in on a little secret – the best way to cook crab legs is in the microwave. You heard that right! Since crabs legs are already cooked, and other cooking methods can dry them out or water down the flavor, the trusty microwave is the way to go. So we’re going to show you an awesome microwave crab legs recipe with Dan-O’s herb butter. Once you learn how to do this magic at home, you’ll be seafood feastin’ all the Dan time!
To cook your crab labs in the microwave, you are just going to need a large roll of paper towels and some plastic wrap. Dampen your paper towels, clip the claws of the crab legs, and roll up! Then you’re going to want to roll the paper-towel-wrapped crab legs in plastic wrap both ways so no moisture escapes. The crab legs will cook in their own steam and juices and will be ready in about 4 minutes.
Now the next part is where the magic happens. Dan-O’s herb butter! That’s right, we’re combining the rich and fatty taste of butter with the delicious herb and spice profile of Dan-O’s Seasoning. Can you say butter flavored with rosemary, garlic, parsley, and lemon peel? You’ll be whipping this up every time you make seafood, guaranteed!
Finally, we’re going to show you how to crack your crab legs like a pro. You’re unlocking crab leg secrets that you won’t want to be shellfish about. So call the gang over, get your bib on, and enjoy the Dan-O’s Herb Butter and Microwave Crab Legs Recipe!
- 4 clusters of Crab Legs (Or your own portion)
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Wrap
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- Original Dan-O’s
- Before cooking, clip the sharp ends of the crab legs to ensure they don’t puncture the plastic wrap.
- Take about 4 feet of paper towels and dampen with water. Take one set of crab legs and wrap in the paper towel.
- Roll out about 4 feet of plastic wrap and wrap around the paper towels, ensuring that you cover every part of the crab.
- Place plastic wrapped crab leg in the microwave and microwave for about 4 minutes if frozen and 3 minutes if thawed.
- Repeat with each set of crab legs.
- While in the microwave, melt two sticks of butter in a pot on low heat. Add about 3 tbsp of Original Dan-O’s into the butter and stir.
- Unwrap your crab legs and serve!