There is a way to make crispy chicken parm in the oven. It takes away the mess of deep-frying and is super tasty! And one of the best parts, you can use as much Dan-O’s as you want in this recipe without it burning. I’m talking Dan-O’s dredged chicken, or equal parts Dan-O’s and bread crumbs if you want.. More Dan-O’s = more flavor!
Just follow my steps exactly, because it is a process. A lot of times you bake breaded chicken, it looks kind of sad and the bread crumbs just dry out, but there is no crunch. The answer to this debacle: the broiler, and a good amount of vegetable oil spray. Oh. and the other answer is Dan-O’s. Tastiest chicken parm seasoning you ever had.
For the other ingredients, I used marinara from a jar (slightly fancy), sliced mozzarella cheese, shredded parm cheese, and fresh parsley. The marinara was not to my liking, so I used a little sugar, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and Dan-O’s original. You can use the Dan-O’s Spicy, but I think the original is just fine for this chicken parm recipe.
Serve Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Parm with spaghetti noodles. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!
- 1 large chicken breast halved per person
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded parm cheese
- ¼ cup Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Spaghetti noodles
- Fresh parsley for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Butterfly and half your chicken breasts and season them with Dan-O’s seasoning. Start boiling a pot of water.
- Mix your bread crumbs, shredded parmesan, and ¼ cup Dan-O’s in a shallow bowl. Beat egg into another bowl.
- Dip your chicken breasts into the egg, and then coat each side in breadcrumbs. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place your breadcrumbs on. Spray the top of your chicken liberally with the cooking spray to help it crisp up. Place chicken in oven.
- While your chicken start cooking your spaghetti noodles and warm up your marinara. Season your marinara to taste.
- After about 14-15 minutes, turn your broiler on. Allow chicken to broil for 5-6 minutes so it can crisp up. Remove chicken from oven.
- Pour your marinara on the chicken and then place your sliced mozzarella cheese. Place back in the broiler for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts and starts to brown. Remove from oven.
- Drain your spaghetti noodles and plate them. Add your chicken parm breasts to the plate and sprinkle on parsley.