Yep! Cheesy smoked bacon-wrapped chicken bites. These easy, delicious bites are the perfect appetizer for game day or a backyard cookout. You can also get these done in about an hour, making them quick and easy in a pinch!
To start, you are going to need some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut em into about 2 inch cubes and then toss them into a bowl. From there, you want to season them with spicy Dan-O’s, black pepper, and a bit of your favorite hot sauce. I made mine with a habanero jack cheese I had in the fridge I needed to use. Oh yeah, don’t use thick bacon on this one!
For the smoker, I did mine on an offset. It was a bit of a pain, as I had to rotate them several times over the course of cooking as my smoker has hot and cold spots. You could, however, do these in a vertical smoker, big green egg, or electric smoker. 275 degrees did the trick, and I finished them at 325 for the last 10-15 minutes to crisp them up.
Some of your cheese likely will drip out, but I was able to live with this. You can try and wrap them really well or even stuff the chicken with
Cheesy Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites at your cookout with your other favorite appetizers. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for other good recipes for the smoker, try our smoked bologna chub recipe.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pack of bacon (NOT thick bacon)
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Hot sauce
- Black pepper
- Cheese slices of your choice
- BBQ sauce
- Cut your chicken into 2 inch chunks and add to a bowl. Add in about 2 tbsp spicy Dan-O’s, a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, and some fresh cracked pepper. Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes until room temperature.
- Start your smoker. Set it up for 275 degrees with wood chunks of your choice.
- Cut your pack of bacon in half, and cut your cheese slices into fourths. Slightly stretch out a piece of bacon, add your piece of chicken, and then finally add a piece of cheese. Wrap around the piece of chicken with bacon and secure with toothpick. Repeat until all are done.
- Season all sides of your bacon-wrapped chicken with Dan-O’s and add to the grill. Smoke for about 45 minutes. Crank the temperature of your smoker up to 325 to crisp the bacon and finish cooking. Once they’ve reached about 155 degrees, brush on your favorite BBQ sauce. Let’s continue cooking to 165 degrees. Carefully remove from smoker and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.