Pull-a-part buffalo chicken bombs
Get ready for an explosion of flavor in every bite of these Buffalo Chicken Bombs. Flaky biscuit balls stuffed to the brim with creamy buffalo chicken mix give away to a solid addition to any game day spread or even a family dinner. We’ll warn you now that once people have had one of these, they’ll keep reaching for another! So make sure to make a few batches to keep the masses happy.
These Buffalo Chicken Bombs are ideal for leftover chicken. Whether it’s some breast or a whole rotisserie, you can easily shred up some chicken and throw these together in minutes. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to scale to your needs! Whether you need a big batch, super spicy, or rather not so spicy, you’ve got full control. Add less hot sauce and more ranch for a not-so-hot kick, make your own biscuit dough and experiment with what works best for you, or experiment with your cheeses, The world is your oyster when you make Buffalo Chicken Bombs, so crack it open and make it your own.
Tips and Tricks
- If you don’t want hot sauce, try it with BBQ sauce for a great BBQ Chicken Bomb
- We baked these Buffalo Chicken Bombs but you could deep fry/air fry them at 375 for about 6 minutes.
- Want more heat? Swap out Dan-O’s Spicy for Dan-O’s Chipotle!
- Want a crisp, even golden brown? Flip the bombs halfway through cooking, and reapply the butter topping!
- Drizzle some ranch dressing on the top after baking to give a “icing”.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 (6-ounce) cans of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and grease a cast-iron skillet with butter.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix chicken, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning, salt, pepper, blue cheese, and chives until the chicken is well coated. Set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a 4-inch round. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken filling and a drizzle of buffalo sauce.
- Wrap the dough around the filling and pinch to seal the edges, forming a ball. Place seam side down into the greased skillet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Whisk melted butter, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan in a small bowl. Brush the balls with the garlic butter, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.