Another awesome Hawaiian Burger from the Dan-O’s Seasoning team! This time, Toothpick Timmy makes them on the smoker with a unique wrapping technique. It’s Dan-Good! This is one of our very-favorite burger recipes. And if you’ve never had one, we reckon it’s about that Dan-time!
You want to start with some good beef, quality, craft BBQ sauce, and a fresh pineapple. But, if just the basics are available to you, it will still be great! The real winner is the Dan-O’s Seasoning. The bacon used here was maple cured bacon, which you can often find at your grocery store. If not, any old bacon would do.
We cooked these on an electric pellet smoker at 350 degrees, but a charcoal grill at a similar temperature would do the trick. Just make sure you are using wood chunks of chips for that extra smoky flavor!
Serve Toothpick’s Dan-Good Hawaiian Burgers with a salad, fries, or a side of your choice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices of bacon
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Buns of choice
- BBQ sauce
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your beef with about ¼ cup of BBQ sauce, and 1 tbsp spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning. Form your beef mixture into large ½ lb patties.
- Lay out your bacon as shown in the video. Place beef patty on top of the bacon, and place pineapple on top of that. Fold your bacon over to wrap it around the burger and close with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle more Dan-O’s Seasoning on your burger patties before adding to the grill. Cook for 20 minutes or so until bacon crisps up.
- Remove from the grill and serve on a patty with more BBQ sauce. Enjoy!