How to Make Sweet Potato Skins
Those Are Some Dantastic Sweet Potato Skins
Everyone loves potato skins. One way to make them even better is by using sweet potatoes instead. These Dan-O’s style sweet potato skins are flavor-rich and they taste Dantastic.
A Vegetarian Recipe the Whole Family Will Enjoy
They are also a great appetizer for someone on a Vegetarian diet. All of the toppings in this recipe are vegetarian-friendly.
All of these incredible toppings add an insane amount of flavor. Even though they are vegetarian, they are still an appetizer that the whole family will enjoy. There are so many different flavors from the sour from the lemon and lime, the sweet from the potatoes themselves, and the spicy from the salsa and Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle. Then the avocado, cheese, and scallions just bring everything together.
This recipe can even easily become a tasty vegan recipe if you just substitute the mayo for plant-based mayo and the cheddar cheese for some dairy-free, vegan cheese instead. This sweet potato recipe is going to be a crowd favorite.
3-4 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 finely diced onion
14 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
14 oz can of corn, rinsed and drained
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning
1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Chopped scallions
1 tsp lemon juice
1 red bell pepper
- 3-4 tbsp Salsa
- Pre-cook sweet potatoes until soft bake in the oven for 430 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan adds onion and bell pepper to saute until roasted and softened for about 3-5 minutes. Add Dano’s seasoning to taste and set aside.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon leaving a thin layer of potato in the skin.
- Mash flesh and add roasted onion mixture, bean, corn, salsa, and Dano’s to taste. Mix well. Brush inside of the sweet potato with oil lightly, scoop the filling inside of the skin and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- In a bowl mix avocado flesh with mayo, lemon juice, and Dano’s seasoning to taste. Serve sweet potato skins and top with avocado sauce, top with fresh scallions and lime juice.