This week, we turned the kitchen over to a young Fan-O Sophia to show us a Dan-Good baked mac N cheese recipe. This one is real easy to make, super cheesy, and packed with that Dan-Good flavor. And just like Dan-O’s Seasoning is kid friendly and goes over well with the whole family, this mac N cheese will, too. Enjoy!
- 1 box of large elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of swiss cheese
- 2 cups of colby jack
- 1 stick of butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of half and half
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- In a large stock pot, bring ¾ of a pot of water to a boil. Add some salt and olive oil to pasta water. Add in your macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain your pasta and return to pot.
- Grate your cheese fresh from the block until you have 2 cups of each. Set to the side.
- In a medium pan, melt your stick of butter and mix in your flour. Make a roux by mixing flour and butter, but don’t let it burn or brown. Start mixing in your cream and your cheese. Add some Spicy Dan-O’s to your cheese sauce and cook on medium to medium low until cheese is fully melted.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix your cheese sauce into the noodles. Add noodles and cheese sauce to a casserole dish and spread flat. Add some Dan-O’s Seasoning and some more freshly grated cheese to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese melts and starts to brown .
- Remove mac N cheese from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.