We’re taking this smoked cream cheese recipe trend to a new level with jalapeno relish, bourbon candied bacon, and a hot honey drizzle! This dip is also so easy, a cook of any skill level can make it! It’s rather inexpensive, too, and perfect for a cookout or tailgate. It’s sweet, savory, cheesy, smoky, spicy… and Dan-Good!
So, smoked cheese recipes themselves have been trending online for a few months now. It’s really just cream cheese on a smoker, with a dry rub to create a “bark.” The cheese ends up with a cheesecake-like consistency, with a touch of smoke, and really picks up whatever seasoning you put on. That’s why Dan-O’s, the best-tasting seasoning around, was a perfect candidate for it!
To really take it to the next level, we decided to make a jalapeno relish. Not a jam, like some folks do. It’s simply chopped up jalapenos, red onions, and garlic with a bit of honey and some red wine vinegar. And you can leave the seeds in for extra heat. This stuff is so good, you’re going to want it on everything you use relish on ever again!
The candied bacon you may have seen use make a few times. For the most part, it’s Dan-O’s seasoned bacon, bakes in the oven, and topped with a few goodies. Those goodies are a mix of honey and bourbon, and brown sugar. It’s really easy to make, and makes a perfect sweet-savory topping for many things!
Drizzle some honey on your Smoked Cream Cheese W Jalapeno Relish & Candied Bacon (we recommend hot honey) and use crackers for dipping. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for other good recipes for the smoker, try our smoked bologna chub recipe.
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Original Dan-O’s Seasoning
- 6 jalapenos
- ¼ red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 strips of thick-cut bacon
- 1 oz bourbon
- Brown sugar
- Honey (preferably hot honey)
- Start your smoker. Preheat to 225 degrees.
- Butter up a cast iron pan and place cream cheese blocks separately in the pan. Season one with spicy Dan-O’s and the other with the original. Lightly score the cream cheese blocks with a knife. Place on smoker for 1 hour.
- While cream cheese cooks, finely dice your onion and jalapenos. Leave seeds in jalapenos for an added kick. Mince your garlic. Add all veggies to a bowl and add in your red wine vinegar. Add in about a tbsp of honey and a few pops of Dan-O’s. Cover with plastic wrap and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bacon on a baking sheet with a warming rack and season with Dan-O’s. Bake until mostly cooked, about 25 minutes. Carefully remove bacon from oven. Mix together your bourbon and 1 tbsp of honey and brush onto the bacon. Sprinkle bacon with a liberal amount of brown sugar and rub it in. Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so until carmelized. Chop once cooled down.
- After 1 – 1.5 hours, remove cream cheese from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Dress with jalapeno relish, and candied bacon, and drizzle with hot honey.
- Serve your smoked cream cheese with crackers. Enjoy