Fluffy Smashed and Mashed Potatoes
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to do the Monster mash and make these Smashed & Mashed Potatoes! These fluffy potatoes are the perfect side dish for a nice meatloaf or addition to the Thanksgiving table. These potatoes are full of delicious garlic and cheesy goodness that’ll just melt you in your mouth and have you coming back for seconds and thirds.
The Dan-O’s Original gives these potatoes the perfect flavor profile and you could really experiment around here with Dan-O’s Chipotle to give these potatoes a southwestern flair. Add some green onions and you’ve got a gourmet set of Smashed & Mashed potatoes. Like whatever Dan-O’s you use, you can also experiment with the cheese and milk. You could use heavy cream for a little thicker and creamier mash, or switch cheeses around for different flavors. Experimentation is everything in the kitchen, so really feel free to experiment and make these Smashed & Mashed Potatoes your own!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Dan-O’s Original
- ¼ cup parsley
- Peel and boil potatoes
- Chop into chunk size pieces
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and bring to a boil
- Boil potatoes until soft and strain water from the pot
- Mash the potatoes and add butter, garlic, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese, Dan-O’s Original, and parsley
- Mix all ingredients together and serve.