Indulge in Devilishly Good Fried Deviled Eggs
Get ready for devilish decadence with these fried deviled eggs. Deviled eggs are already a mouthwatering staple of Southern cooking, but deep frying them adds a whole new dimension of flavor. Crispy, crunchy yet tender in the middle with the creamy spicy topping. Oh we’re getting hungry just thinking about it. An essential ingredient is the use of Panko breadcrumbs rather than regular. Panko is lighter, and flakier than regular breadcrumbs plus it absorbs less oil and grease. The end result is a not so heavy breading, or feeling from eating one too many.
Tips and Tricks for Fried Deviled Eggs
- Boiling tips – Start with room-temperature eggs. When you use refrigerated eggs, and then add them to boiling water it can shock the egg which causes it cling to the outer casing. Another tip is to use older eggs, they have a higher pH level and tend to peel a lot easier than new eggs. Try to wait a week before boiling, but i f you can’t wait then add some baking soda to the water.
- Peeling tips – One simple hack to make a world of difference is to crack the boiled eggs on the side of a pot then instantly drop them into a cold ice water bath. This allows the water to get under the shell to make it release quickly.
- Perfectly centered yolks tips – If you want a visually perfect deviled egg then flip your egg carton upside down the night before! This helps the yolk travel from the bottom of the egg to the middle.
- Fried deviled egg filling tips – To make the perfect airy, fluffy filling try using a sieve to mash the yolks. SImply push the yolks through the sieve using a soup spoon to scoop off any bits that stick to the trainer. You can then whip in the rest of your ingredients to the smoothed yolks! You can also add about 2 tbsp of softened butter to add some richness to the filling. Make sure to use real butter however, margarine and plant-based butters reduce stability due to a higher water content.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- ½ pickle, diced
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Flour
- Egg wash
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Dan-O’s Original
- Boil and peel eggs
- Slice in half and remove yolks
- In a bowl mix together egg yolks, mayo, dijon, and Dan-O’s
- Add to a piping bag
- Dip egg whites in flour, egg wash, and then panko
- Deep fry until they float
- Remove and pipe yolk mixture back in egg white
- Sprinkle with Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle and serve.