Crunchy and Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
Need a quick dinner? Look no further than this Dorito Chicken Casserole! This is a classic many probably grew up with but this offers up a fun twist with the Dan-O’s Original and those delicious Cool Ranch Doritos as the topping. This is great for the colder months because it’s a nice and warm, cheesy comfort food that’ll keep your belly full and warm.
TIps and Tricks for Dorito Chicken Casserole
The nice thing about casserole is you can really play around with them and not really change the cooking process. For example, say you want more variety in your veggies. Well you could easily add in some cauliflower, carrots, or maybe even some peas. You could easily add these and not affect the cooking process too much. There’s also some ways you can reduce the cooking time. You could use pre-cooked rice and cut back on the milk and chicken broth to have a faster cooking time.
Of course you could change what doritos you use for the topping on this Dorito Chicken Casserole to get some interesting new flavors. If you want a spicy kick, try Doritos Spicy Nacho or Flamas. If you want more of a crunch try the 3D Doritos or for the best of both worlds, try Flamin’ Hot Cool Ranch Doritos! You can also use different types of Dan-O’s like Spicy or Chipotle. No matter how you modify this Dorito Chicken Casserole, you’re guaranteed to have a Dan Good Meal.
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts (diced)
- 2 medium sized heads of broccoli
- 1 lb Velveeta (cubed)
- Dan-O’s Original
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ bag of Cool Ranch Doritos (crushed)
- Chop florets off both the broccoli bunches
- Dice chicken breasts into small pieces
- Chop Velveeta into ¾” to 1” squares
- Add broccoli, chicken, and Velveeta to a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle with Dan-O’s Original
- Next pour in Jasmine rice, milk,chicken broth, shredded cheddar cheese, and more Dan-O’s Original
- Mix thoroughly and cover with foil
- Bake covered at 450F for 50 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with ½ cup grated cheddar and ¼ bag of crushed Cool Ranch Doritos
- Back in the oven, uncovered, for 15 more minutes
- Remove and serve immediately, enjoy!