How to Make Dan-O's Style Onion Rings
A Yummy Comfort Food That You Can’t Put Down
This onion ring recipe is one of the Dan-O’s crew’s favorite appetizers. These crispy onion rings are so good that you’ll love em even if you don’t normally like onions. They are just that yummy comfort food that you can’t put down.
Dan-O’s is the Perfect Seasoning for Onion Rings
Dan-O’s is your perfect all-in-one seasoning and it eliminates that need for any other seasonings in this recipe. You don’t even need to add salt or pepper. It’s just that good. Just don’t be afraid to use it.
Also, make sure that the onion rings are a nice golden brown and crispy when you take them out of the oil. If you take them out too early the outer coating may fall off. When they are done, pair them with your favorite onion ring dipping sauce and they are a guaranteed new household favorite.
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Canola oil
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- Rinse onion and put it on its side and slice into approx. 1/4 inch rings.
- Carefully separate rings from each other (set the smaller ones aside).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and Dan-O’s Seasoning in a bowl.
- Coat each onion ring and set aside the flour mixture.
- Combine the remaining flour mixture that you coated onions with, with milk egg, and Dano’s. Beat until no lumps remain.
- Coat each onion ring in the above mixture and shake away excess.
- Coat each onion with bread crumbs.
- Deep Fry the onion rings in a fryer or pot with oil.
- Pull them out once golden brown and crispy and place them on a plate with a paper towel.