How to a Make Dan-O's Style Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla
Delicious Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
This is another tasty recipe that Director Drew cooked up. These delicious chipotle chicken quesadillas are so good that they will have you saying Yum Yum Get Ya Sum!
A More Flavorful Chicken Quesadilla
One great part of this recipe is that the chicken is smoked. This quesadilla is not using any of that canned chicken or precooked chicken that you may see in some other chicken quesadilla recipes. Our chicken has a nice smoky and spicy flavor that you won’t see in most other quesadilla recipes.
To add a little extra spiciness to this recipe use a couple of fresh jalapenos. Plus you can add in some Herdez Salsa Ranchera for even more flavor for this chicken quesadilla.
Helpful Tips to Make a Dan-O’s Style Chicken Quesadilla
There are multiple ways to make them: In the video below Andrew used a stove top style griddle, but that isn’t the only way you can make a chicken quesadilla. You can also try other cooking options such as a panini press or even just a nice non-stick pan.
You can use one or two quesadillas: If you are trying to make quesadillas for the whole family, it might be best to use two tortillas per quesadilla. That will make the cooking process faster. However, if you’re looking for an easier route, using one tortilla makes flipping the quesadilla much easier. If you use two quesadillas, there’s a better chance that you could lose all of your ingredients in the pan. So just make sure to be careful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I use corn or flour tortillas?
In Mexico where this dish originates, they will almost always use corn tortillas; however, here in the states, flour tortillas are usually preferred. Flour tortillas are also usually easier to find especially in larger burrito sizes like Andrew uses. But, if you’re looking for that authenticity you can for sure make this recipe with some corn tortillas.
What type of cheese should I use?
You actually have a couple of different options for this recipe. Many people make their quesadillas with Oaxaca cheese, Monterey Jack, or cheddar. For this recipe, we used a Mexican blend of cheese from the grocery which actually is a blend of all three!
Try Some of Our Other Favorite Chicken Recipes
Right here on our website, we have dozens of amazing chicken recipes that the whole family will love. Give some of our favorite chicken recipes a try!
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 Jalapenos
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican Blend)
- Herdez Salsa Ranchera Medium (Optional)
- Medium size soft flour tortillas
- Pat your chicken dry with a paper towel and coat with Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle
- Smoke at 225°F until internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Removed from the smoker and add to a mixer
- Once mixing, add in salsa and chopped jalapenos
- Heat a skillet on medium, spray the skillet with olive oil
- Spray one side of each tortilla, Lay the first tortilla flat and layer with cheese, then your chicken, and another layer of cheese, and cover with the second tortilla.
- Cook each side on the skillet until golden brown, slice, and enjoy!