How to Make a Dan-O's Birria Burrito
A Mouthwatering Birria Burrito
This Birria Burrito recipe is sure to have your mouth watering. All of the different flavors blend together to make this wonderful Mexican-inspired meal. This may take a little more time than usual but in the end, it’s completely worth it.
You have to try this rich and flavorful birria burrito meal. The beef is so incredibly tender, it just melts in your mouth. One of my favorite parts is by adding those little finishing touches like frying the shell at the end to add that extra crunchy bite.
Be Prepared For Some Heat
You have to be prepared to take on a little heat with this birria burrito, however. It definitely packs a bit of a punch. If you need some help with the heat you could also get yourself an extra side of sour cream and dip the burrito in it before going for the dipping sauce. No matter what way you decide to each this giant birria burrito, I’m certain you are going to love it. Give this recipe a try!
You should also try one of our other favorite latino inspired recipes, shrimp tacos.
- 4 beef bones
- 3-4 lb beef or lamb
- Dan-O’s Hot Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- A mix of Mexican dried chilies
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar + 1/2 cup water (to soak dried chili)
- 1 tsp each pepper, thyme, cumin
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 x 12 oz lager beer
- 36 oz beef stock
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- Burrito tortillas
- 1 Can of black beans
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 Red onion
- Broil the bones and yellow onion for 15 minutes on high
- Cut the dried chilies and remove the seeds. Toast dried chilies for 2 min then soak in water and vinegar mixture for 15 minutes. Blend with pepper, thyme, cumin, garlic, cinnamon, bay leaves, beer, and broth in a blender or food processor.
- Lightly coat the meat in olive oil and season with Dan-O’s. Then, sear on high for a couple of minutes. Add meat, bones, and ¾ of the sauce mixture (you will use the rest later) to a pressure cooker and cook on medium for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add cheese, beef, bone marrow, cilantro, onion, black beans, guac, and more cheese to the tortilla shell and wrap up the burrito.
- Add oil to a pan and place the burrito in it. Add a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce to the top of the burrito. Cook for a minute or two on medium heat and flip.
- Combine the remainder of the sauce with some cilantro to make a dipping sauce and you are done. Enjoy your birria burrito!