Say it with me… bacon jalapeno pimento cheese. This is one of the most epic pimento cheese recipes you’ll find, and it’s packed with so much flavor! I used some nicer cheese for this recipe and even pickled some of my own jalapenos. Add in bacon and the best herb and spice blend known to man, and you have some Dan Good pimento cheese.
If there’s one thing to splurge on in this recipe, it’s good cheese. Most pre-shredded cheeses have anti-caking chemicals and just lack the flavor of good cheese. So get you a nice block of orange cheddar and white cheddar cheeses. They don’t really make fancy cream cheese, but if they do… get that! For your cream, a mix of sour cream and mayo will do.
A good pimento cheese recipe is all about the pimentos, but I like a little kick. So I do a very simple homemade pickled jalapeno when I make mine. And of course, a bit of bacon never hurts! A lot of folks who make pimento cheese will use a food processor, but not me. I like it chunky and made with love! You don’t have to pickle your own jalapeno, but you’d be a lot cooler if you did.
This cheese can last 3-4 days in the fridge, and the recipe makes a small gathering’s worth for snacking, or several pimento cheese sandwiches. Serve this pimento cheese on crackers, or make something epic like this pimento cheeseburger. Enjoy!
- 4 oz block of yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 oz block of white cheddar cheese
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- (1) 4 oz jar of pimentos
- 1 large pickled jalapeno
- 5 strips of bacon
- ½ tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs Dan-O’s seasoning
- Sit out your cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Cook your bacon on baking sheet for 20-25 minutes until desired doneness. Remove from oven.
- Get your pickling liquid ready by combining 1 cup water and ½ cup vinegar to small pot. Mix in 1 tbs of salt and 1 tbs of honey. Stir until salt is dissolved and bring to a boil.
- While you heat your pickling liquid, deseed and slice 1 large jalapeno. Place in a mason jar, and then pour hot pickling liquid oven pepper slices. Set to the side.
- Grate your blocks of yellow and white cheddar cheese. Place shredded cheese on cutting board, and chop up to cut down the long pieces into small squares. Chop up bacon.
- Drain your jar of pimentos and place on a cutting board with jalapeno slices. Dice up into smaller pieces and set to the side.
- Mix your cheese, bacon, and peppers together, then add in your mayo, sour cream, mustard, cream cheese, and Dan-O’s Seasoning. Mix all ingredients together.
- Sit inside the fridge to cool down before serving. Enjoy!