A mouthwatering Pumpkin Squash & Chicken Curry in a pumpkin bowl! This curry is going to be perfect for your fall eats or spooky meal night.
If you’ve never had pumpkin squash in your curry, you definitely need to try it. In the fall, many grocery stores will sell pre-cut pumpkin squash in chunks, which you can drop into your curry. But, if you want to make it look as cool as Albert, you’ll want to get a Kabocha pumpkin, hollow it out, and use it as a bowl for your meal. How cool!
Serve your Pumpkin Squash & Chicken Curry over rice. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 2 lb Kabocha pumpkin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 red chili pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- (1) 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper
- Original Dan-O’s Seasoning
- Dice your onion and chili pepper, and mince your garlic. Peel and grate your ginger. Cut pumpkin into chunks (or use precut pumpkin).
- Add coconut oil to a pan, saute your onions over medium heat, add garlic, chilis, and pumpkin. Next, add your curry powder, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Simmer for 15-18 mins.
- While your dish simmers, cut your chicken into bitesize pieces and season with Dan-O’s. Air fry for 18-20 minutes. Add chicken to curry.
- Mix corn starch with coconut milk and add to curry. Squeeze in your lime juice. Simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Salt, pepper, and Dan-O’s to taste. Serve over rice. Enjoy!