The Best Dan Teriyaki Grilled Bacon Chicken Burgers
Ready for a Dan Good unique burger recipe? Well, today we made Teriyaki Grilled Bacon Chicken Burgers with pineapple. We even grilled the pineapple! This is a new take on the Hawaiian burger, and I like to think takes it to the next level. I served this up with a salad and same tater rounds, and everyone was pleased.
So, since ground chicken is pretty boring and lean… I put the bacon in the chicken. I made this work by cooking by bacon about ⅔ of the way (still chewy). Then you chop it up and mix it with your ground chicken. The bacon will add some much-needed fat and flavor to the chicken and is just fun. I also added a slightly cooked jalapeno to the blend with a hearty helping of Dan-O’s Seasoning!
So ground chicken is a little tough to keep in shape. All the Dan-O’s bacon and jalapenos didn’t help much. So I added a small handful of breadcrumbs, and some parmesan cheese to bind. It helped! Also, I dumped some Dan-O’s onto a plate while I formed my burgers like you would do when rolling out dough. Did I just make a thing? I think I did. Don’t worry if Teriyaki Grilled Bacon Chicken Burgers isn’t perfect looking, like Bob Ross taught us it’s just a happy accident if you mess them up!
On the grill, you want to flip these only once as they are kind of delicate… and oil your grates well. Season both sides of your patties with Dan-O’s, then coat patties with your teriyaki glaze. Throw your pineapple slices on for about 1 minute on each side, turning halfway and set to the side until you’re done. Top with toppings of your choice, a dab of BBQ, and pepper jack cheese.
When I was done, I had juicy, chickeny, bacony burger patties with a slight kick from the jalapenos, a mild bite from the cheese… onions, fresh green leaf lettuce, and the sweetness of the pineapple. All tied together with the best herb and spice blend there is! So umm… do yourself a flavor by making this Teriyaki Grilled Bacon Chicken Burgers With Pineapple recipe!
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup of Dan-O’s Seasoning
- 1 Jalapeno – Diced
- Choice of buns
- Choice of toppings
- Fresh pineapple
- Pepper jack cheese
- Teriyaki glaze
- Parm cheese and bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat grill to high and oil grill grates
- Microwave 3-4 slices of bacon for a few minutes, until ⅔ of the way cooked. Still some fat and still a bit chewy.
- Dice a jalapeno, then add a bit of water on microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes for them to soften up.
- Mix jalapeno, bacon and Dan-O’s together. Add breadcrumbs or parm cheese to bind the mix together if needed.
- Form 1/3 lb patties on plate sprinkled with Dan-O’s so they don’t stick. Season each side with Dan-O’s Seasoning and teriyaki glaze.
- Core and slice pineapple in roughly half-inch slices
- Grill pineapples for about 2-3 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Grill burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165, flipping halfway. Add more teriyaki glaze as desired.
- Carefully remove burgers from grill. Add favorite cheese, pineapple and toppings. Add extra teriyaki or a dab of glaze if preferred.