It’s really hard to resist loaded potato skins. We order them at restaurants, eat bad crunchy snacks flavored like them, and now we’re trying to make at home! The good news is, loaded potato skins are super easy to make, and you may already have the ingredients sitting in your cabinet and fridge. Here is how to make these bacony, cheesy, potatoey skins of joy!
Baked potatoes are your starting point. You can make these in the microwave if you want to take the easy route, or pop them in the oven if that’s your preferred method. When they cool down, cut them in half longways and scoop out the innards. These potato guts will make a delicious snack while you bake the skins on their next turn in the oven. May we suggest Dan-O’s Seasoning, butter, and parm cheese on these innards? Yum!
When you have you have scooped out your innards into a little bowl (be sure to leave some potato inside for sustenance), you will need to bake them again on both sides. I coat mine in bacon fat instead of oil or butter for extra flavor! For the toppings, use Dan-O’s Seasoning flavored bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions or chives.
Serve these up with some sour cream, your favorite protein, and a salad. Or just eat them as a snack because they’re Dan Good! Enjoy!
- 3 Baked Potatoes
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Strips of bacon
- Green onion or chives
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Oil or butter
- Bake your potatoes in the microwave or oven. Once they cool down, cut in half longways. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season bacon with Dan-O’s Seasoning. Cook, chop into fine pieces, and then set to the side.
- Scoop out some of the center of the potato. Leave some potato on the sides and on the bottom (don’t scoop it all out!). Just make enough room for the toppings.
- Grease up the bottom of a baking sheet with butter or oil. Lay the potatoes face down (skin side up) on the sheet. Brush the skins with butter, then cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the oven, flip over, and then brush the other side (the potato side) with oil. Let bake for 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- With your potatoes removed, carefully add ingredients to hot potato skins. Add butter, desired amount of cheese, and then bacon bits. Add back to the oven for 5 minutes for cheese and toppings to melt.
- Remove from oven. Top with chives or green onions for looks. Serve on plate with sour cream for dipping. Enjoy!