Yum yum, come get some chub. We decided to smoke another bologna chub, and Dan did it turn out to be good. You’ll never be more excited to eat bologna if you make it this way! So head to your local grocery or butcher, get you a full chub of bologna, and follow along as Dan-O’s makes this honey mustard smoked bologna chub.
There are various qualities when it comes to getting a bologna chub or log. If you’re going to spend all the time smoking one and making it delicious, we recommend getting a high-quality chub that might require a trip to the local butcher. Also, when we make our sauce, you might not have access to the beer syrup, but you can use honey as we do in our honey mustard and chicken nuggets recipe.
We smoked our chub for about 2 hours, but you can go as long as 4-6. You’ll still get a really great smoked flavor, and not everyone has the time or patience for the long haul. After you make your smoked bologna, you can slice it to make a dressed smoked bologna sandwich! Try it with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a good bun. You won’t be disappointed.
So now you have a smoked bologna chub with the delicious flavor of Dan-O’s Seasoning, or you can keep this on your to-do list for your next smoking expedition. Enjoy!
Also, if you’re looking for other good recipes for the smoker, try our smoked corned beef recipe.
- 3 lb bologna chub
- ½ cup beer syrup or honey
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning
- ¼ cup Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
- Remove protective skin from the outside of bologna chub
- Cut bologna in half longways, and make half-inch diagonal scores around whole surface of chub (watch video for technique)
- Make your sauce by mixing honey (or beer syrup), mustard, and Spicy Dan-O’s Seasoning together. Baste the chub on both sides before adding to smoker.
- Smoke for a minimum of 2 hours at 225-250 degrees