Grilled romaine offers a wealth of contrast, texture, and smokiness that you normally wouldn’t get from a salad. It’s Dan-Good too! This recipe also features the original Dan-O’s Seasoning vinaigrette recipe from the side of the seasoning bottle. So now, all of your grilled and chilled salad needs are covered.
For the vinaigrette, you want to use some good quality white and red wine vinegar. The Dan-O’s will give you a nice profile of real herbs and spices and will thicken everything up. If you like your vinaigrette a little sweeter, you can add in some honey, mixed berries, etc. But this one is solid as is!
This dish will be great addition to any BBQ, and is great for your keto or vegetarian eaters. It’s also a super easy route to a fancy dish.
Serve Dan-O’s Grilled Romaine Recipe with protein of your choice. Enjoy!
Looking for other tasty keto recipes? Try our bell pepper sandwich recipe?
- Romaine hearts (1 per every 2 people)
- Red wine vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- In a bowl, mix equal parts olive oil, white wine vinegar and red wine vinegar together. Add in a few pops of Dan-O’s original seasoning, and mix everything together. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 350- 400 degrees)
- Mix together 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp Dan-O’s.
- Cut romaine lettuce lengthwise and pour vinaigrette over the cut side, letting it enter the cracks. Sprinkle on your parmesan cheese. Let lettuce cook vinaigrette and parmesan side down for about 5 minutes until lightly charred.
- Cut and serve once cooled down. Enjoy!